• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Cooler lines

83k30

well, i lost my radiator, and went to take my oil cooler lines off, but they were frozen. soaked them for 4 days, and just ended up cutting them off. napa cant find any, and the delco remey part #'s i found didnt match...any one know where to get them??

randyman

I just got a set from rockauto.com but haven't put them on yet. The Dorman part #'s are 625-155 and 625-154. I'm pretty sure that Napa or most parts suppliers should be able to get them (esp. with the part #'s). There was just a thread about this about a week ago which talked about having to "tweak the lines" and having an extra set of hands to get the lines positioned correctly. If you can't find the thread, let me know.

blackhueys

go to your local chevy dealer and order new ones. I had to have the parts guy look the hoses up under a 1984 diesel year blazer. These hoses drop right in exact match! was about a 30 min job. I will see if I can find the part numbers for you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those GM part numbers are what is in the -20P TM.

83k30

thanks fellas, ill run to napa tomorrow and see if they can cross the gm numbers over
randyman, i got the part numbers off of rockauto.com, and the didnt match when napa ordered them in...

randyman

The numbers I posted are for the two oil cooler lines that have aluminum ends with rubber hose between them. Are these the lines you are referring to?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think they are what he is after. He was changing his radiator.

randyman

My fault. My brain must be out to lunch. You're right, he must be talking about the transmission oil cooler lines. Sorry for the confusion.

83k30

The numbers I posted are for the two oil cooler lines that have aluminum ends with rubber hose between them. Are these the lines you are referring to?
thats what napa ordered in, mine are the oil cooler lines but they are solid all the way across, no flex hose in the middle. the trans cooler lines came out fine, the oil cooler lines collasped on themselves

blackhueys

Ok sorry for the delay, not sure what those GM numbers are but here is what I ordered. gm part number 12472199 and the other one is 12472200. These are exact copy's of what was on there before.They fit perfectly just like the old hoses. Hope this helps.

83k30

update...
went to napa with both sets of #'s listed, and one crossed over, but wasnt right, and the other didnt crossover at all. went to the chevy dealer, had them look them up, but they couldnt get them any more! so he gave me the #'s, went back to napa, and the #'s he gave me didnt crossover at napa!?! so i guess im lookin for a used setaua

blackhueys

WOW! Did your Chevy parts guy do a nationwide search of all dealers? Mine did and that's how he found them. His computer at the time (Less then 2 weeks ago) showed plenty of the hoses that I listed a number for. If ya want me to I can call my guy and get a list of the other dealers that he says have them. I heard about the napa issues that's why I went stock. Another thing you can do that a lot of people don't know is that the steel ends can be reused on the old hoses, cut the compression fittings off both ends, take said ends to a local hydraulics store with the old hoses for length checking and they should just be able to replace just the old hose with new hose and compression fittings.

blackhueys

GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts
Look here! Typing in the part numbers I listed showed that they have part number 12472200 as well as part number 12472199 in stock. Funny to me at least is how your parts guy could not find these hoses as this website I listed Is basically the dealer parts network that your guy has access to. Some dealers just don't want to deal with the older trucks we have or they don't want to order the parts for you. I tell my guy I don't care who has the part either order it or give me the name of the other dealer who has it and I will order it. They almost always give me a 2 page list of every dealer in the U.S. who shows having the part I may be looking for. They even tell me that it would be cheaper to order from some of the other dealers then it would be for them to order it in then have me pick it up as well. Guess I got a good parts guy, well after he helped me install my new lock cyl into the tailgate handle he really became a good one to me that things a @#$% to do if you don't know how. LOL SO if you still need help to find them Let me know You will have to mail order the hoses in but it is worth the wait for exact copy's of whats there now.

kapnklug

On my '86 the rubber ones were seeping, so I decided to replace them and the aluminum ones as well and good thing too, after I removed the aluminum ones (which looked OK) I discovered one of them was rubbing on the radiator shroud and had rubbed almost all the way through! That could've cost me an engine.
Also I've heard there was a factory recall on the rubber ones so you might want to replace them anyway.
I got mine from the GM dealer but they were expensive (about 300 for the whole set of 4). NAPA couldn't come up with anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks