• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil cooler lines

Matt65

According to the TM parts manual, all versions of the CUCVs came from the factory with the cooler lines.

Yours may have been removed because they where leaking and the PO didn't want to find a replacement.

That's what I was thinking as well. I knew the sampling valves were optional, but wasn't sure for the Engine Oil Cooler Lines.

Ideally I would like to have them. I recently made my own new trans cooler lines from metal tubing, tube bender, and flare tool. This was after I realized the Civilian models had the Trans lines routed to the Pass. side and could not be used. I may eventually make my own for the Engine Oil Cooler. FWIW: I have ran this truck for 2 years hauling to full GVWR with no trouble, no Temp light. I suppose oil flow is not obstruced or reduced with the line ports plugged.

justinwregier

UPDATE (delayed but still relevant)

The link Warthog provided was the lead I needed. Nalley's lines came in and were the correct fit. Truck has been solid in this category since.

The problem originated with the rubber lines of course but the issue with the aluminum lines was contact with fan housing and time. Wore down the metal and created a hairline leak after 25 years. New lines got installed with an extra zip tie to keep the contact from happening.

Thanks again to all who posted and helped me with this.:beer:

mightybaldone

Just an Update on the oil cooler hard tubes. The hard tube #14061345 (lower tube) is available at Vintage Parts in Beaver Dam, Wisc. www.vpartsinc.com . They have 67 of them in stock. Ordered mine today for 38.22 including shipping.

1009er

I did what a few others done. I had some made at a hyd shop from block to radiator. it was a little pricey but I don't ever have to worry about them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks