• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil everywhere!

Parker2

I replaced the ip head a few days ago and today I installed all 3 of Jatonka's fuel filter kits. I also replaced the master cylinder. I took the truck out for a spin and it drove great, but when I pulled back in the shop there was oil all over the drivers side of the engine compartment. Its all around the ip and the inside of the fender.
I degreased it and could not see where its coming from. Found a bolt that was missing a nut. Replaced the nut. Went for another drive and still oil everywhere.

Any ideas of where to look next?

Thanks.

6x6guy

Try taking off the hood, strap a not so good friend or local neighbor kid on to the fender and find a big parking lot, it works most of the time. :roll:

Parker2

Ah, it just came to me in the shower! I'll bet it's the o-ring underneath the IP head. Thats the only thing in the area that I have messed with. I guess I'll pull the ip head and see what I find. I'll let ya'll know what I find.

Thanks for the help guys.:-D

Parker2

Ah ha!!!! I fixed it. It was the cap that covers the fuel shut off. It only leaked at 2300 rpm's and above so it wasnt easy to find. Anyway I had forgotten to put the gasket in when I put it back together. Put the gasket back and alls good.

Thanks.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks