• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil filler neck removal

TexF18

Trying to remove a leaky injection pump on a 6.5. I can't seem to get this neck off. Looks like you have to pull the pulley mounting plate off to be able to get the right clearance. Other issue is I'm having trouble finding the Tm for removal. I have only been able to find timing info

16668300663873891409092945568574.jpg

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what truck you have but with my M1097A2, I only needed to remove the serpentine belt to gain acces to the filler tube.

TexF18

It's a m1123. Other question. So to remove serpentine belt. You put a 3/8 breaker bar on #7. The fan blade is perfectly aligned with that 3/8 hole and its too close. I even have a flat bar 3/8 for belts and it still can clear. Can engine be rotated from harmonic balancer or is a bolt going to shear off

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a m1123. Other question. So to remove serpentine belt. You put a 3/8 breaker bar on #7. The fan blade is perfectly aligned with that 3/8 hole and its too close. I even have a flat bar 3/8 for belts and it still can clear. Can engine be rotated from harmonic balancer or is a bolt going to shear off
I just spun the fan by grabbing the blade. I had to modify a tool to get it off. CC7384AB-6A2D-48DF-A691-AAA7013B47B0.jpeg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes to remove serpentine belt all you have to do is press down next to the top idler pulleys and slide it right off. Can't confirm on yours with the belt going under both idlers, but on trucks with the Red Dot aircon it works easily.

TexF18

I'll give us another go tomorrow. Tried pushing down on it earlier. Afraid I'm going to slip off it. Might try some Paracord and pull it down from underneath

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove the right inner splash panel to get to the tensioner to loosen the belt. The back side of the balancer has 3 or 4 large bosses that a wrench fits on to easaly rotate the engine.

Reactions: OBX

jake20

I did this yesterday on my friend's truck whilst yanking his injection pump, you've gotta pull the studs out so you can slide the plate forward. It was a lot easier on my M1043A2 with the Red Dot system, no annoying plate in the way, only had to remove the belt.

Basically:

- Remove belt
- Remove/loosen the 4 bolts holding that plate there
- Slide the plate forward
- Remove the filler neck

Check out the attached pics if you haven't gotten to it already.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks