• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Filters on Mack

m139h2otruck

With all the posts on the Deuce Mod Board about the multi's oil filters, I thought it interesting that the Mack motor in the new tractor uses only one of the same elements for the primary full flow filter and the secondary bypass flow element is the same as the big gasser. Obviously the designers felt that the single element is big enough for the Mack, which is a larger motor than the multi, and by including a bypass filter in the design, they remove the bulk of the smaller particles that could plug the main filter over time. Oil pressure on the Mack (if the gauge is right) is at 50-60 psi running and 35 or so idling.

I may invest in one of John's new filter adapters when he makes them available.

Another thing I noticed is that the filter can does not use a lower gasket, but has a ground fit groove in the base (knife edge) that the can seats into. Changed oil and filter last weekend, and it sealed up clean and dry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks