• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil in Deuce's Exhaust Manifold.

jatonka

All the answers are right, You need to stop idling. If you must idle, set the throttle at least to 1100RPM. Drive the truck, slobber will go away. JT

Had the same thing here, while I was restoring my deuce and used to idle it a lot while doing so (for using compressed air tools). The effect was accompanied by more smoking.
After a field trip to France - with some miles on the Autobahn - it was cured :)

Cheers,
Mark

JCKnife

Old thread here, but now I'm thinking maybe I replaced my turbo for no reason. I suspected the turbo because I was actually getting oil dripping out of the exhaust onto the starter, but when I got the turbo off I see oil is also in the manifold.

I have not run the deuce harder than idle in about a year, because I've been very slowly taking it apart and painting it and adding a winch. I do let it run up to temp at idle at least once a month (I thought that would be good for it) but now I'm wondering if all this idle hasn't lead to a build-up of oil in the exhaust and now I just need to get her out and run harder to clean it out. I guess time will tell.

Carlo

Had the same thing here, while I was restoring my deuce and used to idle it a lot while doing so (for using compressed air tools). The effect was accompanied by more smoking.
After a field trip to France - with some miles on the Autobahn - it was cured :)

Cheers,
Mark
Hey mark. How fast did you run her on the autobahn? Last year I came through Germany with my M35 and she was singing!

Clay James

I posted in this thread before, right after I got my first deuce. Seems so long ago now! Anyways, I had that problem and it did go away within a few miles of driving it. I was pretty smelly in the cab the first time I took it out. My 109 did the same thing and it's done it a few more times since I don't drive it as much, but it always goes away with driving. It was at the point of leaking oil out of the joints in the manifold.