• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leak help

admspec

I cannot find the source of a small oil leak I have. When I start up my deuce I get a couple of drops of oil that land on the starter. There also appeares to be some seepage on a clamp on the flexible part of the exhaust downstream of the turbo. Any ideas??

Thanks

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you driven it, like out on the highway? The multi doesn't like to idle for long periods. Oil will slobber out the exhaust. Sounds like slobber. Can you snap a pic? Go run it...hard...they like to be flogged :evil:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The oil pressure sensor is just above the starter.

admspec

I'm running her today. Start her up at least every other day, but I'm only home half the time since I work overseas. It's not the oil pressure sensor although I do have a little seepage there. Will take a pic after the parade.

Thanks!

rujimbob

Hey guys. Looking for a little advice on locating the source of a pretty significant oil leak.Sprung up all at once. From nearly no leaks to dumpoing a quart a minute whle ruunning. There is a little coolant in the oil on the ground. Appears to be the right side near (or at) the oil filters and oil cooler. I'll also try to get some decent pics here.
If it allows a youtube link here will be a brief video: https://youtu.be/g30WxobH6l4
Any help would be appreciated. This forum has been a great resource for me so far. Thanks guys/gals!!

Attachments

rustystud

You say you have oil and coolant leaking ? That sounds like you blew out an oil cooler gasket. That oil is at around 100 psi there. So you will loose oil really fast !

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you checked the torque on the oil filter cans? No reason not to start there.

If it is the oil cooler gasket, pull the dipstick and check for coolant in the oil!

rujimbob

Well thanks Rusty and gimpy. You guys are my heroes. If I had any commonsense I'd have recalled working on the heater recently, which contributed to a small amount of coolant on several surfaces in the engine bay. The oil leak, which had me worried and the wife hiding the checkbook, turned out to be the rear oil filter can. I'm literally shaking my head as I write this. I cleaned everything off with GUNK and started Sarge up again. Voila! No leaks (no large ones anyhow, it is a deuce). Now I have a new mystery. I can't get this little rivet to turn clockwise. I theorize that a trip to the southern hemisphere may be required to solve this conundrum....
https://youtu.be/AhLkuNUYvlU

As you can clearly see from the attached video, shining a bright light had no effect. Also noted that flick-starting the rivet clockwise was not effective either. Curently pouring through the 1175 pages of various TM's to see if this is covered (no I'm not). Off to Chile I guess...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks