• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leak

Hi, I have a deuce and I notice an oil leak coming from the front. I want to say that it's possibly the oil pressure sending unit coming from the front above crank pulley. It's not a major leak but it's enough to notice on the engine. Didn't know if anyone has came across the same and what they've done to fix it

sandcobra164

I've never seen or owned a completely leak free deuce or any other military truck from that era. If it's not bad enough to hit the ground, it's part of the rust-proofing package and messing with it could make a bigger mess of the issue. My deuce kept an oiled passenger side block due to a common front head gasket leak. Never enough to really worry about but enough to know it was there. My 5 ton has a slight leak from the rocker boxes and I will try fix that when I go through the valves in the next few weeks.