• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Leakage

cev65

Took tranny out of my deuce last nite to replace the clutch witch i thought was slipping due to oil leaking from the rear main seal. I took it out and no oil from the rear seal. It is comin from the front of the tranny. I checked the tranny thining it was over filled but it wasn't. How do i go about fixing this? Is there a seal or gasket in the front of the tranny? If sowhat TM should i refer to or where can i find info about this problem?

rebel_raider

There is no input shaft seal on these transmissions. A lot of people run their oil a knuckle down from the fill hole to prevent the oil from puking out when it gets hot. YMMV

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is much discussion on 3053's leaking out the front.

Do a search in the deuce forum for "seal AND knuckle", I'll bet that will pull up all the tranny leaking threads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks