• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Line problems

WarCloud

Hey Kids:

My M35A2 turbo 465 has a funny little oil line on the fuel injection pump body.
Looks like it goes from the front of the engine gearcase back to the pump body. trouble is, this line seems to have been replaced with some kind of amber colored translucent tubing that has dried out and rubbing against the steering box, now has a quite massive leak. Apparently I have excellent oil pressure, but would like to keep the oil in the engine. This little line will drain the system in 30 minutes at idle! Lots of oil on the ground.

I can't find the name or number of the line in my cluster of manuals. anybody got a clue where to get one? roberts@darkstarprods.com

bassetdeuce

When I have time, I have to replace the other line that goes from the block to the bottom of the injector pump. Will be fun in 90+ Florida heat :roll:. Make sure you check that one too.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced mine with some SS braided ones. I have a pic somewhere, just gotta find it. Those have bothered me since I got the truck. When I took them off, they were hard and brittle. It is a good way to lose an engine.

WarCloud

Yes, a good idea. I think I'll do likewise. That one hose made short work of the contents of the entire lubrication system for the engine, spit it out in no time. I was idling the truck while loading my .50 and ammo onboard to drive down to my ravine / shooting range when this big puddle formed. Turned out to be my crankcase contents. If you were just driving it along you'd never know until your pressure gauge dropped and bad sounds came out. What are the part numbers for both hoses?

Last edited:

bassetdeuce

The oil line that runs from the front to the rear of the injection pump is the saturn part listed in the previous post, Part #7748847, NSN 4720-00-879-1676, $6.50. The other hose that goes from the block to the pump is still a mystery, as I do not have the NSN part #. The TM with the parts breakdown does not have it listed, but it shows in the diagram. This one has to be made, or sourced from a dealer (they will likely send you an old one pulled off of a parts engine since there are no new ones to be found). Here is the thread on how to make it:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/18880-oil-line.html

The hose looks to be a medium pressure hydraulic size 5/16 or 1/4 with SAE hydraulic fittings. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to catch up on the work I need to do on the deuce, and I will put one together. If successful, I will post the part numbers I used and where I got them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks