• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil lines to rad

tommyd

Hello,
Been searching but not certain if I can buy or make these lines. Part number is 14061345 or the lower aluminum oil cooler tube that goes to the Rad, not block. Replaced the Rad and the bottom line would not break loose. Needless to say it twisted and NFG now.

cucvrus

Hard to find item. I would check a YOUPULLIT. Any 6.2 diesel lines will fit from G van, C,K, 10-30 Blazer , Jimmy, Suburban. Anything with a 6.2. I had a friend make them up. He said they were A/C fittings. Not sure but he had a set made at a hydraulic shop. I hope that helps. And if my terminology is not 100% accurate. I was just trying to help.

cucvrus

You are more trusting then I would be on that set up. I would be a bit more comfortable with a tube over splice or a compression fitting then that welded line. That's me. That thing breaks and that engine is "Gone in 60 Second's". Do as you wish. I am just trying to help. Good Luck. Truly.

Bowtie70SS

It's only a temporary fix. Oil pressure is only 60-70 psi max. I've had compression fittings leak as well. Engine is monitored with a gauge too. I think a lot of people are over cautious and it paralyzes them. My truck was stuck on my lift after the radiator swap so I had this done. I don't think I would hesitate to drive it like this, after all the hydraulic shop (Ohio Hydraulics) wouldn't have fixed it if they figured it would fail. Besides that line doesn't move, it's attached to a fixed point on both ends.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I agree it don't move much but it will move and rattle on rough roads. Did you replace the radiator isolators? If not I would advise you to do so. That old truck has a lot more bounce and flex on that core support then it did when it was designed. Good Luck. Are you still looking for OEM lines?

tommyd

Made new oil cooler lines and look and work great. Put everything together and now the tranny cooler line is leaking. Our these still available or will I have to make these too?

Ordak

You can find transmission cooler lines online (LMC, is where I got mine) but from my experience DO NOT get pre-bent lines. It was a huge pain in the butt to get them lined up correctly and fished around all the components it snakes through. Not to mention trying to snake them through that maze without bending them. It took me and my buddy about 4 hours to just put the new lines on. I know you can get rubber lines but I am not sure how they are going to hold up with the heat and rubbing against some of the metals parts. I do have an external B&M Transmission Cooler on my M1009 and it utilizes rubber lines (made sure not to put them near any sharp corners and put extra rubber in places where it was unavoidable) and I am curious to see how it is going to hold up. If you need pictures or anything I can get them to you.

tommyd

Mark,
Thanks for your input. I actually work for a rather large tube MFG...but to reverse engineer them would be a PITA. In addition, didn't think it would be that hard to re-install. Anyone know what the threads/type of the fittings? Still in the vehicle and haven't checked yet. Was pissed and just closed the hood once the leak was found and went hunting! Mine are OEM, tranny to rad. Just figured I could hunt down hose fittings and make up some good hoses and be done with it in .5 hours and back on the road and up for sale.

Regards,
Tommy D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks