• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pan Clearance

number9

Hey guys, what's the clearance between the ground and the oil pan? I am looking at what size drain pan to get for changing the oil.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two 5 gallon buckets work fine. Drain the rear sump first, get the second bucket and drain the front.

number9

I was thinking of getting one of these today..........

New 20 Gallon Poly Tub 20" diameter X 14" height

I plan to burn the used motor oil. I just got to read up and learn how much you have to filter it, etc.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Unless the oil is grossly contaminated you can just run it through a couple layers of blue jeans ( I use the legs, tied off) and pour it in the tank.

When I cange oil in the civy vehicles I have been known to pour it straight in.

tm america

i use a concret mixing pan they sell em at menards they hold like 15 -20 gals they messure like 2ft x4ft and about 6inch deep they are great you can drain front and rear at the same time no mess .i just bought a mercedes for the motor it had a veggi oil kit on it and had a 5 gal bucket in the truck with a hole cut in the bottom of to fit these really cool 10micron filters for using veggie oil i have been using them to filter my waste oil before it goes to the tank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks