• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure Gage Missing for GSA Pickup

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My oil pressure gage is missing on a M813A1 I have to pickup from GSA, I can only do minimal maint. before moving the truck, I don't know if the gage is just missing or if the wiring is still there. What are my alternatives (quick and easy) I am not running it without a oil pressure gage of some sort!

Westech

CPL
that gauge is a mechanical gauge in the 813's (at least it is on mine and the others I have seen) . You will want one back in there or oil will be spraying all over the place.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not pull a gauge form one of your other 5 tons?

Actually, why not just tow bar it home?(no preview?)

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was my first idea but I don't know what is under the dash, I should have checked when I was there but there were six possible auction wins and limited time to look, and it's eight hour drive from home! Is there a cheap option, one I can screw into the block or something I can improvise in case just adding the gage doesn't work?

R Racing

I could be wrong, But im pretty sure it should be a 1/8 inch pipe thread.Every one I have seen removed has the hose comming up into the cab since they removed it from behind the gauges. I would buy another gauge and bring it with you. If you want to plug the line you will need a 1/8 " pipe plug.I'll take a peak at mine and verify for sure.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't remember where the oil pressure line comes off the cummins motor. You could probably just screw in a gauge where ever the gauge gets it's oil pressure from, but a gauge under the hood is not nearly as useful as one in the cab.

I'd look at your 818 and bring along a gauge and some fittings and miscellaneous tubing, just in case you need to repair a cut line under the dash. Worst case, use your gauge under the hood before heading out. Best case simple install. Or, maybe a quick repair and go.

R Racing

Pooked my head up under the dash ( there isnt much room under there ) and it looked to be 1/8 pipe in the gauge and a female fitting on the hose. If its AN its a straight thread.