• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure has left the building.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that I really look back, ths all may have been for naught. When I switched out the sending unit, I was on pain meds and barely moving. It was quite loose when I removed it today to add the gauge tap. I used gas rated teflon and maybe it didn't complete the ground circuit with the heavy teflon and it not being tight. As far as the test gauge, I piped that into the oil sampling port. Maybe its screwed up. Either way, it runs.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that I really look back, ths all may have been for naught. When I switched out the sending unit, I was on pain meds and barely moving. It was quite loose when I removed it today to add the gauge tap. I used gas rated teflon and maybe it didn't complete the ground circuit with the heavy teflon and it not being tight. As far as the test gauge, I piped that into the oil sampling port. Maybe its screwed up. Either way, it runs.
And now you have a new oil pump and tach drive.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I agree. Now it's on to the math part of the issue. Does the tach drive spin at the proper RPM to drive an M series cable drive tach. Working on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My advice for retirement is the same as for voting. Do them both early and often. Live is grand.

cucvrus

Good job. It just gave you the opportunity to do some extra maintenance that would have needed done anyway. And Life is Grand. Retirement is coming soon. I look forward to it. Have a great day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks