• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure Idiot Light

cjkeeliii

I have an '85 m1008, and its oil pressure light appears to have quit working. It's supposed to light when the engine is not running and the ignition is switched on--but nothing. I've checked the fuses, replaced the light bulb and holder, and bought a new oil pressure switch--but nothing, again. I even put dielectric grease on the spade terminal. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks from Stumped.

Boatcarpenter

I don't have a m1008, so I can't give you particulars. But, it is an electrical problem and the way to solve them is to get out your wiring diagram and your multimeter and track it down.
Works every time for me:-D.
BC

cjkeeliii

My light works again! I changed the bulb socket, where before I had changed he bulb. I never thought about a bulb socket going bad. At least this situation motivated me to install a mechanical oil gauge!