• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure indication problem with M1083A1 and M1088A1

aleigh

Just speaking from my own experience with my A0, I am going to say this - replace all the fuses and relays. All of them. Even the ones you think work. After sitting around since 1998 those busman circuit breaker fuse things were all screwed up. Some had ridiculous resistance and got very hot for no reason (and dropped voltage on the circuit). For example, my clearance lights flickered at idle with the stock breaker in at low RPM when the output from the alt. is a bit unsteady. Swapped to fuse and it fixed it straight out. That breaker was also overheating and randomly tripping.

Same with my relays, several have already gone back incl. the one that controls alt. charging. Previous owner went to all kind of trouble to wire in this bypass deal only to realize it just needed a new relay. Just put normal ATC fuses in IMO you will just save trouble this way.

A0 does not have "electronics" for the dash it's all oldschool point to point as far as I know and have seen on my own truck. Only electronics that are actually transistorized that I have run into are the tranny / ctis ECU, allison panel, the CTIS manifold, the diagnostic port for the tranny ecu (ctis is not on that bus, see huge other thread).

For whoever was asking (suprman?), the schematics are in TM-9-2320-365-20-3 starting around page 1133. That page in the PDF, not the page # printed on the paper if that makes sense.

Since replacing the fuses / relays the only gremlin I have is that my allison control panel is in dim mode 99% of the time so I can't read it by daylight. I thought it just sucked until one day for a brief moment of glory it came on full brightness. So I imagine some wire is bad but have not looked into it.

Edit - Also going to note I had zero as in zero signs of water intrusion. No corrosion on anything electrical nothing. I know that's a big problem with some cabs especially if they are missing the turret cover or a door window. Mine was dry. It really was the breakers and fuses.

Last edited: