• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pressure light and one gen light stays on

gmjunky87

Have a strange problem. I must have fried something. When I shut my truck off the oil pressure light and one gen light come on and stay on even with the ignition in the off position and the key removed. any ideas?

Skinny

Sounds like the cluster is powering up even with the key off. Does the 4wd light come on to if you shift the tcase?

Could be a bad ignition switch. I'd say look at the TM and figure out what wire powers the cluster and see if it has power with the key off.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to rebuild the GEN1 alternator. You are getting a backfeed thru the alternator.

The GEN1 exciter circuit shares the same power feed on the instrument circuit board. Also the 4x4 light shares the same circuit.

gmjunky87

4 wheel drive light does light up after ignition is off and key removed. I felt the driver side alternator and it was really hot after running for about 10 min. thanks guys! Guess I'll be rebuilding that alternator

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks