• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure Light/Sender

79Vette

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1009 has been a daily driver for 5+ years, and the engine runs fine. Never had any shavings in the oil at oil changes, no knocking while running, or any other evidence of extreme wear. The "Low Oil Pressure" warning light comes on with the key, and goes out immediately after starting the engine. Sometimes it will take up to 1 second to go out on a fresh start after an oil change, even after cranking for awhile with the IP unplugged to prime the filter, but after that first startup it goes out immediately once the engine fires.

I installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge recently, and it reads ~30 psi at cold idle and 40 psi driving cold. It drops down to 20-30 psi when driving hot and somewhere in the 0-5 psi range at hot idle.

So I know my low oil pressure warning light works, and it never comes on. Yet the mechanical gauge reads basically zero pressure at hot idle. I'll try to check with another mechanical gauge, but does anyone know the PSI where the warning light goes off? Since the light is off all the time it seems like I have at least that much pressure at idle, and I assume it has to be more than 5 psi right?

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I came across a similar issue but with my electronic gauge. The answer I got at the time was the light is supposed to come on at 8-12 psi.

My electronic gauge still seems finicky even after changing the sender so I still have more troubleshooting to do. It might be worth double checking with another mechanical gauge, I used one that I had previously checked transmission pressure.

Last edited:

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks