• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pressure sending unit size.

lonewolf90

What size is the hex nut on the sending unit. I been looking for it on here and the only thing I can find is the size of the threads.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a crescent wrench?

lonewolf90

OK a crescent wrench won't fit in there. I have tryed a 1 1/6 is to big and a 22mm is to small those are the biggest I got any in sight on what size it is

lonewolf90

Well I don't have a small enough crescent wrench to fit doghead. Am sure a smaller one will work maybe I will just have to buy one

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a crescent wrench?
Remember DH that GM was switching to the metric system, so that would need to be a metric crescent. That is why it wouldn't fit...... :mrgreen:

They make a special oil sending unit socket. I just looked at mine and it said 1-1/16". Don't know why your sender isn't that size

lonewolf90

I am not sure. I got the truck from my dad and he bought it from a military surplus that's in our town it looks like a new sender. Am not sure?????. Thank your for the info warthog

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or Channel Locks. (slip joint pliers)