• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pump lines...any ideas

poorman4x4

M923A1, oil lines that run from oil pump to the pan have finally popped holes, got new hoses made, long story short pickup tube on side of oil pan is a JIC 16 w/45 degree flare not common (at least around here). Question is where to find adapter back to JIC 16 37 degree flare?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You can get the OE hoses from Cunnins OR any truck parts supply house

poorman4x4

Got the hoses changed, you have to reuse the female SAE 1" swivel fitting off the old hose, because that fitting is rare like chicken's teeth. I used the blue cloth hose, it has a metric offset and is close to mil spec hose which is what came factory. If you want to buy the hose from cummins it is $400.00, compared to the $60.00 i spent on the new hose with re-usable fitting.

poorman4x4

That temp rating seems awefully close to standard operating temps. Did they offer a hose with a higher temp rating?
Nope, I know it sounds low but if Rotella gets around 231 degrees I would think you have bigger problems then a hose, technically if your oil cooler and coolant system run together than your oil should stat around your water temp my 923 never gets above 175 so I think a 56 degree difference isn't worth fussing over, I run 1197 wakeusha motors 24/7 365 and never seen these hoses burst or melt

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm personally a big fan of 50% over. I over rate almost everything I can to 50% of what it will carry. Just a preferance. I didn't realize the blue hose had that rating. My M915 has them all over, and they have worked for 30k miles and a year and a half, so I would say they must be alright.

poorman4x4

oil pan suction flange has male SAE 1" fitting so i reused the female swivel

discharge hose to aerator on top of pan, i just upgraded to 3/4 male NPT to JIC 16 adapter on each end, hose has JIC 16 female swivel each end

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks