• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pump pickup to oil pan clearance?

Ridgerunner

How much clearance is there between the oil pump pickup to the oil pan, on a Deuce?

My truck at one time or another has been moved with a fork truck/HiLo.

I bet ya can't guess who would be responsable for that......:roll:

Anyways, I have good oil pressure, but don't want to starve the engine if the clearance is too tight. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the bottom, where the drain plug is at, it's pushed in about 1 1/2" and there is a huge dent that caved in the side of the pan.

Attachments

2Deuces wild

I would guess a 1/2 inch or less, It would have bent the pick up as well. I would R&R the tube and replace both for peace of mind.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would replace the pan and check the pick up tube, but if your getting good oil pressure your probably going to be fine.
It may be fine for now, but if it is bent it could break at the least oprotune moment.

I would remove the pan fo inspection just for peace of mind.

I have to remove a pan for inspection of "no oil flow" :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks