• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pump, small odyssey

reom34

With only 475 miles last week the new, not rebuilt, oil pump say " no more oil press for you".

The previous day my M34 ,my childs and me went for 50 miles far and we came back home.All eas ok.
The oil press was near 60 lbs with cold engine and 15 lbs for hot,

The following day I start the engine again and for 10 minutes o more and the oil press was " 0 ".
I stopped and check all electric connections. All was ok.
The oil filter was open and the rocker arm cover was removed. The oil was missing.

Next step was remove the oil pan.The oil pump looks like ok.

I removed the oil pump and it was check out side.

The scavenge line and the discharge was ok but the press body don´t work.

If you look the pics you can see how the pressure relief valve is deform and the the inside of press body didn´t work right.

In short the news parts do not guarantee the good work when you restore a military vehicle.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks