• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Sample Just Mailed Out

DXTAC

Has anyone else had their engine oil analyzed on their CUCV? If so, what were the results? I changed my oil and filter and went with Amsoil and sent in my sample. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! LOL I'll find out next week some time.

Oil - Synthetic 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel Oil
Filter - EA027

Also ordered a spin on style Wix fuel filter and base. Should have that some time next week as well!!

Base - 24309
Filter - 33123

DXTAC

If anyone is interested here are the oil sample results from my 1009. Not too shabby!! I had no idea what the brand, weight
or date of the last oil change was so the next test may reveal a truer picture. Anyone know where silicon may come from
in an engine???

Thx,

Attachments

linx310

I have heard that high silicon levels can be caused by an air leak past the air filter and dirt/dust is being sucked into the engine.

Boreal21

It will be interesting to see what shows up at your next interval for comparison.

I've had the last 4 changes from my Jeep analyzed at ~5,000 mile intervals. Results have me all warm and fuzzy using Wal-Mart's el cheapo synthetic for extended periods.