• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oily vent pipe

04mustang

Hi guys...and gals,
Ive got a vent pipe that comes off the top of the motor at the valve covers and has alot of smoky/oil stuff coming out of it. What could be wrong with the motor to cause this to happen? I spoke with a mechanic buddy of mine and drill this weekend and he said that the EGR could be plugged and to replace it.
He showed it to me on a hummer, but I didnt think a M35a2 had that?

Thanks,
Corey

Flyingvan911

That is the crankcase vent. It is normal for vapor and a drop or two of oil to come out. My deuce lets out a drop or two on the front shackle. In the winter when the engine's warm you can see vapors coming out. The a2's don't have an EGR.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It helps to have a rubber hose extension that goes as low as the bottom of the front axle. This minimizes the mess from the slobber tube.

Some engines expel much less than others.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My problem is that its not just a little oil. this is like spraying back on the wheel well of the passenger side its so bad.
It's probably been there for years. CLEAN the engine compartment add a tube then drive 30 miles and see what happens.

I'm fairly new to deuce ownership, but common sense and what I've learned so far tells me that sounds like 6 gallons of oil in the engine instead of 5, and/or excessive crankcase pressure.
If the correct amount of oil went in the engine and the dipstick reads overfull, that points to a leaking IP dumping fuel into the engine. First order of business, pull the dipstick and take a peek. If it is indeed overfull, smell it and make sure it's not full of fuel. If ya can't tell by the smell, take a fingertip and rub it between thumb and forefinger. If it feels thin, change it and start studying the TM for the procedure to find and replace the seal in the IP that keeps the fuel out of the bottom end of the engine. If I forgot anything in these steps, someone with more experience in these matters will chime in soon I'm sure. [thumbzup]
:driver:

DeucesWild11

Well speaking from the experience I had, check your Brake Fluid in your M/C. You could have a leak somewhere either in the M/C or Airpack if you are loosing brake fluid. Based on your experience with the amount you are seeing, it's probably not but doesn't hurt to check..[thumbzup]

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to start the truck first let run till oil pressure is up . then turn it off then check the oil . if you check it with out runing first it will show over full.
Tony

panshark

Well speaking from the experience I had, check your Brake Fluid in your M/C. You could have a leak somewhere either in the M/C or Airpack if you are loosing brake fluid. Based on your experience with the amount you are seeing, it's probably not but doesn't hurt to check..[thumbzup]
How would these 2 problems be related?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks