• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK, enough ! HEMTT Rim Centers/Adapters Thread

frodobaggins

OK, I've searched, read teasers, etc, and there is no good info, and some threads just die.

Let this thread be for info on this mod.

Has anyone currently made any adapters/new centers for hemtt wheels for a deuce, what did it cost, what needs to be done, what are the dimensions of a hemtt wheel, please post pictures, who has started, when will they be for sale, if you are not finished, please post progress pics, etc.

Thanks guys for putting up with my run on sentence.

98hd

I know rodney @ feltz auto in marshfield, WI had some 5 ton rims sitting in a trailer at the Iola show, they had a weld in adapter installed to fit a deuce.

I didn't ask about them at all, but could be worth a call.

Personally, I'd love to get a set of beadlocks for my 5-ton, and then adapt my split ring Hemmt wheels to fit the deuce.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Frodo,

The guy at the LA rally that had the cool looking Bobber had rims that he had adapted to fit on that truck.

They were not HEMETT rims but the process would be the same.

His screen name is WAHRING or something close.

He is out of Houston.

The rims Rodney Feltz is making are the nicest that I have seen. C&C equip. is selling rims also, he has an ad on page 69 of Military Vehicles Magazine issue 135, $400 a pop or $600 each with tire.

Last edited:

frodobaggins

Frodo,

The guy at the LA rally that had the cool looking Bobber had rims that he had adapted to fit on that truck.

He is out of Houston.
Yeah I saw Justin's rims. Looked good too.

TaylorTradingCo

Deuce/HEMTT rims

I have a local 4x4/machine shop working on converting my HEMTT rims to fit the Deuce right now. I should have my first dozen in next week. He is cutting out the centers and replacing them with 5/8" plates made on a CNC. I will be selling them for $275 each.

I am located near Chattanooga, TN.

Derek Taylor

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I got tired of waiting for someone to do this so I found a retired old school machinist who was the father of a friend. We sat down and I told him what i needed, gave him a HEMTT rim and a deuce rim and lay out work began . The first set will be finished this week and I will post the pics of the adapter plate before being bolted on and then after assembled. After that i will be selling them on here for him. Stay tuned in for that. I will be selling sets of 4 or 6. pm me if you are interested. I will get a final price by the middle of next week.

JTugwell

kevin at coosa valley 4wd makes/sells them. hes had the dies made and everything. give him a call. 706-237-6519. hes in rome, ga. he sells the whole rim complete with the 2.5 ton wheel centers for 275 ea. hes on here. his SS name is KBarrell. send him a pm.

Last edited:

GoHot229

Frodo,

He is out of Houston.
I got tired of waiting for someone to do this so I found a retired old school machinist who was the father of a friend. We sat down and I told him what i needed, gave him a HEMTT rim and a deuce rim and lay out work began . The first set will be finished this week and I will post the pics of the adapter plate before being bolted on and then after assembled. After that i will be selling them on here for him. Stay tuned in for that. I will be selling sets of 4 or 6. pm me if you are interested. I will get a final price by the middle of next week.
We need results......don't make me come over there......er if I have'ta..............not be piss me off, wyyy If I gota do it myself.....spit....sput.....hmmmm?

Snarky

Wehring lives about 3 miles from me, he taught me how to drive a deuce, and just about everything else you can teach in a 2 hour period about them. I thought he said he makes his own wheels for his bobber beasts, I wouldn't think it would be that hard for a NASA engineer who happens to have access to a truck shop. Great guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks