• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK Greybeards Help Me Out Here I need you man

cbturf

OK it is now official I just sent the payment for the M1008 so I own it. I will be needing a LOT of coaching to get this thing started right. I know the MV will be a lot of work so I need advice on how to convince my wife that I really am having fun with 20 year old grease all over the top half of my body and those words coming out from under the truck are curses of JOY and when I go into a rampage and throw tools and keys across the yard it is therapy not rage and I am enjoying myself. And how do I convince her that working on the truck all day is NOT the same as painting the ceiling in the bedroom again.

Please help and teach me how to handle the Mrs. so that this hobby gets going on the right foot.

She knows about the M1008 but NOT the M1009 and donor M1028 who will sacrifice her axles for the Blazer.

Last edited:

ralbelt

Well I told my wife that it was for taking the grandsons for ice cream. So far she buying it. I have no explanation for the trailers except that we could us them to take the boys camping.

Good luck, original stories are always welcome.

ryan77

Forgiveness is easier then permission, after a while she will give up like my wife and realize she married a hillbilly!!!:jumpin:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been storing an Oh-8 for years. While she was in Iraq, an M887 and M59 showed up. They left shortly after her return.

ryan77

I told her last night i want to trade or sell my one m1009 and get a duece she was mad at first but then realized i would store the duece down the streat and she could park in the garage again!!! Now just to find one!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sent in the payment, where? If it's a GL purchase/win, it ain't over til it's home. Then the fun begins.

cbturf

why would you need to convince your wife you need a pickup? its not like you just bought a tank..
OK I think I got the theme "If at first you don't succeed lie and try again?" I can do that!

She is OK with one toy but when the Blazer shows up she will start to question me. I am more concerned on keeping the "honey do" list at a minimum so that I have time to play with the trucks.

In all honesty I am planning on using the M1008 as a work truck to pull my business trailer and the M1009 will be the daily driver/hunting truck for me and our son. The 2011 F150 SCREW will be our date truck (see photo) and when I get a spare buck the Mustang GT convertible will be a garage decoration except for summer saturday night trips for ice cream.

It was a GL auction at Nellis so I know the purchase aint over but it is mine now at least! I got several options on picking her up either tow it behind the 150 have it repaired and drive it home (Vegas to TN in June aint gonna be fun though but I need to loose some weight anyway)

Attachments

Last edited:

suggsdr

It hard to find a good MV.You can get a wife any where.Mine told me if I bought any thing OD she would leave. I told her I sure miss my my dish washer.Didn't see her for 2 weeks.Had to wait for the swelling on my eyes to go down.rofl

Danny

goldneagle

It hard to find a good MV.You can get a wife any where.Mine told me if I bought any thing OD she would leave. I told her I sure miss my my dish washer.Didn't see her for 2 weeks.Had to wait for the swelling on my eyes to go down.rofl

Danny
Yes you can get a wife anywhere but one that can put your lights out Priceless! rofl

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.

Oldsouthernboy

WELL NOW lets see better than spending the money at a bar, She will know where you are at any time just by hearing you whisle while you work, It not a hole in the water like a big gas guzzling bass boat (How do I know?) IT is a teaching point with hands on for your son in mechanics and how to work on his own vehicle. Also a time to bond with your son in the vehicle world of military vehicle experience. Also show him how to use a dam tool properly, the right way to throw and utter a very phrase at the same time.