• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK guys... M35 not bad, 818... piece of cake now this!!!

scootertrs

OK so I brought my M35 fire truck from Minnesota... PITA but no big deal... now licensed and wondering about the streets of Miami with an occassional siren blast... next ... the 818... again, no big deal, then I saw this... this is a mouth watering machine only outdone by a tracked MV... assuming I could get the coins to win... how would we go about bringing this little puppy home... 542" x 122" x 144" (L x W x H) and 74,950 pounds ... I am probably just kidding myself, but should I be successful, what do you guys think it would take to bring it home to Miami, FL... I am willing to stay in the doghouse for an indefinite stay ... wife doesn't quite get the concept of why... thanks for the help...

Last edited:

hippiedude

:shock: Um m ....... That`s Big ..... Those water cannons would be fun in the summer ......and how would you get the spare tire off the back ??? hehe.....

Last edited:

scootertrs

You know its scary when I start looking at mapquest! BTW, I suppose the 74,950 pounds is empty... It has got to be one heck of a hoot just to sit on the catbird seat!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that looks like a permit nightmare 5 states to deal with overweight with only 4 axels
getting the spare off is the easy part putting it back is trick

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think it is road legal.... if not just get permits.......drive that sucker home.....basically the same engine/driveline setup as the HEMMT.

The engine in the back is for the pumps.

Just turn on the lights and "HAMMER DOWN".

It would be the trip of a lifetime.

That double breasted Driptroit will suck fuel but shipping wouldn't be cheap either.

scootertrs

You know, as far as the spare goes... my dad used to say... those are rich man's problems... much like an oil change in an Aston is $1500.00 or a maintenance bill for a huey... I have the same problem with my 818's spare... I can get it down... but good grief... I don't think even Governor Ahnold from Calif in his best days could get that puppy back in its nest by himself... In other words... I would love to have to worry about putting the spare back in place on this little puppy... I think most MV's planned to have all tire changes done at a shop or with a hoist nearby or if it happened out in the field... they just left it out there...

scootertrs

You know when your oil change quantities are spec'd out in gallons, not quarts... its special! I think we may have a bit of trouble getting it into their bay... maybe if I tip the front nozzle down???:)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Get it and gut it build it to a camper, it would make a big brother to this 4X4 crash truck camper
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71QNYJTJvN8[/media]

scootertrs

Just when you think all has been done, you come up on something like this... my hat is off to this guy! She must be a very special lady, and he a very talented, dedicated and resourceful gentleman. Nice job. As far as turning the one for sale into a camper, I don't have the heart (nor reason) to do so... I have a thing for fire trucks... but I can definitely appreciate the work and blood (I am sure that there were more than a few paper cuts and smashed fingers) that went into this project.
Again... Job Well Done!!!:jumpin:

Alredneck

Banned
I say fill er up and drive her home! Shipping will be extreme, so it up to you. Do you feel lucky, well do ya?

Side note, its weird when I ask a question about a auction that is coming up and get my post flagged, but this one goes on. I think some mods are playing favorites! This post doesnt bother me but if you do it to one, do it to all! Or get rid of useless rules that take the fun out of a once really great site.

scootertrs

You forgot to say ... PUNK!!! Nah... I don't feel lucky... though I have been called "slow" a couple of times.;) My recovery team includes a driver from a Fire Dept in South Fla., a mechanic/machinist/welder, and a St Christopher medal... I have already contacted a couple of friends in Indiana and along the way... you know the rest...

Regarding the auction posting... I have nothing, nada, zip to gain by asking about it... I think that the fact that it is an item of great curiosity if nothing else may add to it being posted. I know I am advertising against my chances of getting it by posting it, but just knowing that it will not go to a scrap yard... makes it worth while... I think the green lady is spectacular, and probably out of my range, but it would break my heart to see her dismembered into parts.

But in order to appease, and not believing that this merits a firm stand, I amended the original post removing the link.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Side note, its weird when I ask a question about a auction that is coming up and get my post flagged, but this one goes on. I think some mods are playing favorites! This post doesnt bother me but if you do it to one, do it to all! Or get rid of useless rules that take the fun out of a once really great site.
Just which mod or mods do you think are playing favorites?

What makes you think any mods have read this thread? It has not been reported yet(you all have the ability to help us).

And yes, this thread is in violation of 2 rules, so far.

scootertrs

SHHHHH... don't type so loud... she may be listening!!!:wink: Actually, I am one lucky sob... when I don't get my toys... I revert back to being 10 yoa... first I pout... then I whine... then I bitch... you know the rest... I either get my way or ... well anyway, I need to get a doghouse for next winter... it gets cold out there in the open even in south Florida... Know what??? that cab in the Oshkosh is roomy... maybe HMMM... makes one heck of a dog house...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks