• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok had a strange conversation about a 6.2 diesel putting gas 350 gas heads

tourus

As I was working yesterday 12/25/2015. One of they guys I was supervising. We started talking about my truck. he ask me if I had gone to get more coal yet. I said no not yet. but this spring I am going to PA. to tow back 5 ton. then I said I have "TRUCK" enough but really don't "ENGINE" .. The truck being a 85 1010. .. then the conversation went into how to modify a 6.2. then the guy said have you ever heard of taking GAS 350 heads on a 6.2.. I said no . he say's yea they will bolt right on and you change your intake make the diesel a gas engine ...

WHAT DO YOU THINK EVER HEARED OF THIS :shrugs::shrugs:?????

Cucvnut

As I was working yesterday 12/25/2015. One of they guys I was supervising. We started talking about my truck. he ask me if I had gone to get more coal yet. I said no not yet. but this spring I am going to PA. to tow back 5 ton. then I said I have "TRUCK" enough but really don't "ENGINE" .. The truck being a 85 1010. .. then the conversation went into how to modify a 6.2. then the guy said have you ever heard of taking GAS 350 heads on a 6.2.. I said no . he say's yea they will bolt right on and you change your intake make the diesel a gas engine ...

WHAT DO YOU THINK EVER HEARED OF THIS :shrugs::shrugs:?????

Can't be done. Its not possible. The 6.2 is not related to a sbc in anyway except the trans bolt pattern.

tourus

well we were not talking about the old Oldsmobile. but he was saying yea just bolt the heads and intake and go.. I just stood there and intertied his way of thinking and then just walk off. and started to chuckle to my self and said what the heck put it out for a topic to talk about ...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's moments like that when you truely know that a person is full of dung. For those who manage to display their knowledge for all to see, I usually agree and go on my way with a chuckle. One thing you never do is argue with them. They will drag you down to their level and beat you mercilessly with experience every time.

KansasBobcat

As a CUCV owner I have had to explain more than once that the 6.2 is not what GM put in Oldsmobiles. The myth lives on in the minds in of the less informed. I am old enough to remember when GM was using these conversions and many said it would not work and they were right. These were diesels for people who did not know what a diesel engine is. I knew a guy whose wife put gasoline in the tank of their Olds! That did it!

rsh4364

The gasser hotrodderss love those old gm diesel cars,we can rob the hydro boost brake systems off them and have good power brakes without worrying about vacuum output!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GM just can't get past that old Olds engine. It's no telling how bad it hurt future diesel sales. I'm sure there are still people saying the Duramax is a converted gasser.

According to the vid, it looks like they even knew it in the early '80s.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GM poisoned the waters for diesel engines in cars with that Olds scenario. My doctor at the time had one and I told him to trade it in right away, which he did. Engine took a dump on the dealership when a potential customer took it for a test ride. But it was not his problem anymore!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just tell folks it is a converted steam engine. Post it all over the interweb and soon it will be true.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks