• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok.......Here we go.....

bikeboy

I have been driving my "new" M1009 for about a week now, had a few charging system issues, but being a mechanic for 20+ years now I figured that out fairly easily, turned out i have a few bad connections at several points (corrosion). I also noticed a fuel drip from the throttle shaft seals, so I contacted Ken at Kublo's surplus, which is only 15 miles away from me, he was nice enough to pull a 1009 inside for me to come down and pull the injection pump off myself for a very cool $75.... Now I have a spare t rebuild my self (with the help of the 6.2 TM) and then I can switch it out and rebuild mine for a spare. The guys at Kublo's are great to deal with, I told them I will be dealing with them in the future. They do not normally deal with 1009's, only 2 1/2 ton and larger, but what a great group of people to deal with!! I can go to Kublo's 1 or 2 times a month, if anyone would like me to look at something for them let me know, I will do my best to help out. I LOVE MY M1009!!!! What an awesome truck!!!! :cool:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebuilding them isn't hard. You can get a seal kit for less than $50.

It is the calibration/testing that requires the expensive test equipment.

I took one apart on a MEP-005A GenSet. It is almost identical. After seeing all the pitted parts inside, I took it to the repair shop. $250 for labor and $200 in parts, the genset ran like a top.

I will be going back to them if I need a CUCV pump rebuilt.

And welcome to the OD Madness. You will not be able to have just one MV.......LOL

Last edited:

bikeboy

Yes, you need a calibraton bench to cal. the pumps, but if I just reseal it, I should not have a problem. The truck I got the pump from was a running unit. However, there is a shop close to me that specializes in IP rebuilds, and they are very helpful also. I just hope when I pull it apart there is no rust issues :|. Will let you know ow it goes as soon as I get the time to do it LOL. Thanks for the replies! :p

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-289-34 has a detailed section on the pump. From disassembly to rebuild.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks