• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ok, I am officially a glutton for punishment. Bought another deuce off the gubmint.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got an email notice about an auction for a deuce the other day, that was ending shortly. I don't have any place to store it, I haven't done much to the deuce I bought New Years eve day yet, and I am a bit low on cash and it is 3 hours away from here, so of course I threw up a low ball, last minute, bid on it.
Did I mention I don't have any place to store it or any way to pick it up right now?

Well when the hammer dropped I was the winner, Yay!!

Anyway here it is. It is in Gallia county Ohio, Gallipolis to be exact. Bought it from the sheriffs office. Now I need to figure out a way to get it home. Did I mention I have no place to store the dang thing? It was listed as 1962 Kaiser, but I am not sure it is a 62' I will know when I get there tomorrow as I need to get down there and get it paid for and pick up the paperwork. I will also be looking for a storage area.

At least it was relatively cheap. If anybody is from down that way with room to store it for a few weeks or so, or if you know of a local storage lot, pm me. I have to move it out by next Friday and if I haven't lined up transport by then I will have to move it to a local storage yard for a while.

Oh, don't tell Mrs. Kblazer. She'll kill me.

3581_98_6.jpg3581_98_1.jpg3581_98_7.jpg3581_98_8.jpg3581_98_10.jpg

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GREEN IRON addiction has claimed yet another victim.

...a casualty of war, so to speak.

Welcome to the club, Sir.

At least your early additions to the motorpool are self-propelled. Once we had our Deuce and M105 Trailer, then came a semi trailer.... With no visible means of toting it!!! We're still patiently awaiting an M818 or M931/M932 to fall from the sky and land in our LZ.

Carry on.

CUCVLOVER

I might catch some poopoo on this but that's OK.

My dad told me something that his dad told him. He said if you have the means to buy something you want then go buy it, because one day you will be to old to enjoy it, and if the female in your life complains about it, put another one right next to it. If she fusses some more then buy a 3rd, 4th, 5th and maybe a 6th.

So that takes care of the wife issue. Sorry I can't help you on the storage.

Maybe this will bring someone a laugh or two.
Oh by the way good looking truck.

FarmerRob

That's a pretty rough truck. Hope you got a REALLY good deal on it! If those front turn signals are original, it is definitely old. Maybe not '62 but surely pre-'67. Good luck with the recovery and storage!

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went and checked it out today when I paid for it and picked up the title. It has a multi-fuel motor, non turbo. Paint is rough, but all the rust is surface except for 1 hole on driver side low on front of the cab where it meets the fender and the windshield surround is toast, also on under side of passenger door. . Truck is complete and the toolbox and battery box are intact with very little surface rust which was a surprise. Not sure of the plans yet. If I get it brought back here I may end up keeping it and bobbing it or parting it out.

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I am safe again for a little while . Found another sucker, excuse me "enthusiast", to pass it on to so it was sold this morning. Thanks for the offers to tow and or store it for me. I appreciate it.

Looking forward to Wednesday's GovPlanet auction now. :smile:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks