• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK, MO, AR, KS Rally June 21-23 @ D-Day Adventure park 2013

Dates for rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rrrr

300 miles one way for me. This sounds like a blast. I went to the OFAST shoot two years ago and had fun.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Think there will be any vehicles for sale at this event?
Don't know we will start a want/sell /trade thread first of June.
BTW during my 12+ hour drive back from the Findlay OH show yesterday I came up with a name for the rally, Kansas Arkansas Missouri Oklahoma . I know Oklahoma is the hosting state but OKMA, OMAK, OAKM just did not sound right.

Last edited:

MAGNUM

I have been wanting to attend a rally for years! I did not realize there was one so close. I will definatley be there. Do I need to reserve a spot to camp or anything?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nope, Plenty of RV plug ins if you need one and camp sites are primitive so just come. This is still in the infant stage as a rally but should turn out to be a good one.

MAGNUM

Sounds great. A little embaressed I didnt know what OFAST stood for so I just looked it up and cant stop watching the vids.

Flyingvan911

Did some prep work for the trip. With the help of davesgmc I flushed the deuce's cooling system today and pulled the radiator. It's had a small leak in one corner, but only leaks when the thermostat opens. Got the radiator to the shop just before they closed.

We used Prestone flush and clean water to clean it out. Nothing came out as far as debris or parts so that's good. I will replace the bottom hose and belts while I have the room. I'm also going to install the primary fuel filter adapter.

Attachments

rpwpyw

Looking forward to meeting those who attend. Just purchased an MV and it should be arriving early this next week. We are very new to this whole MV world. Be patient with us. Still learning the language. What time will people start arriving Friday. Anything going on that evening. We have a place on Grand Lake and didn't know if we should come over Friday evening or wait until Saturday morning.

jwright

Im guessing my group ( around 6 trucks ) will be getting there around 8ish Friday night. Im sure we will be hitting the trails as soon as we get there. Nothing like a little night time trail riding !

Aswayze

I should be there Friday early evening unless I manage to play hookie from work and get there on Friday morning.

Don't worry about learning the lingo and being part of the crowd too much, were not a particularly cliquish bunch, we all fit into this hobby pretty fast.

Breach27

Me and my wife are also new to this and we just went to our first event a couple of weeks. You will have a great time and meet some good people. We will also be pulling in Friday night. My niece and nephew will be riding around with us on Sat. We are bringing the 5 ton. I'm gonna try and get a couple more deuces to roll up there with us.

rpwpyw

We just picked up our first MV which is an M109a3 about 2 hours ago. Wanting to be at the rally but does anyone know how to find an operator's or owner's technical manual? How long does it take to get the feel of one of these things?

rrrr

Flyingvan911

It is just like driving a big pickup truck but with a higher center of gravity. Come on out whether you drive your deuce or not. We'll all be happy to show you what's what.

Aswayze

Nothing to it. Deuces are a snap.

Just hit US 60 and you'll have a nice cruise out.

Great thing about the 2 lane highways is nobody is ever in your way when YOU are the slow one. :)

jwright

The M109, M35, M47 all fall under the M44 series 2 1/2 ton 6x6 . There all the same truck chassis just different beds , boxs and such. I can turn my M35a2c into a M109a3 just by pulling my drop side bed off and put on a box in its place.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well my camera got flooded out Memorial day so excuse the picture but here is what the signs will look like to guide you into the rally , minus the kooky horizontalerin 004.jpg lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks