• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok to burn this fuel???

5.0fox

Just a quick question for you guys. My brother works at a car dealership in the detail bay, and the other day one of the techs was working on a car in the shop that someone had accidentally pumped 15-20 gallons of diesel fuel into. The tech offered the fuel to my brother because he knew we had the duece. I'm not to worried about the residual gasoline that may or may not have been in the tank when they filled up, but

The tech siphoned the fuel out of the car into 5 gallon buckets with lids of a product called ALR i believe. My brother says it is a heavy duty de-greaser that they use in the detail bay. He knows the buckets were sitting in the corner since he has been there(8 months probably)and they were empty.

Do you think it will be alright to run this in the truck? I don't know how much residual de-greaser may have gotten in the fuel if any. What are your thoughts opinions? It's tempting having 20 gallons of free duece fuel to use:-D, but I am concerned about it possibly screwing something up.

Westech

CPL
if they were empty I would run the fuel. All I come up with is a natural base cleaner. I would say it wont mix with fuel and will filter out in the bottom of the filter cans.

joeypushjr1

even if the degreaser was harmfull to an engine 5gal of diesel would out weight the tiny bit of cleaner there mighthave been in there. so dont worry about that just run it threw 2-3 tube socks or a filter and pour it in youll be fine.. im a sales man at a dealership and i take used oil all the time and when i put into my 55 gal drum at home i have4 tube socks sleaved over a funnel and in the hole of the drum and i puor it right in .. and just pump it straight into the deuce and off i go.. joe

Keith_J

I cannot find any specific product. If you can get the exact product, I can tell if it will be harmful. If it is dissolved in the fuel, there is no way to filter it out.

5.0fox

I cannot find any specific product. If you can get the exact product, I can tell if it will be harmful. If it is dissolved in the fuel, there is no way to filter it out.
The Label on the bucket says

Mountain Shine
Adhesive, Label, Remover
From a Company in WV

I couldn't find the Company under the name of Mountain Shine online anywhere but I did find this which is under the same name of Adhesive and label remover so it should be pretty similar. I don't really know what to look for though.

http://www.blueribboninc.com/msds/Adhesive Label Remover II VOC.pdf

I guess I misspoke about it being a de-greaser and I didn't think about checking the bucket till just now. thanks

Keith_J

Dimethyl benzene is similar to toluene which is a high octane index gasoline component (methyl benzene). Naptha is a low octane index gasoline component. The rest are probably a medium petroleum distillate as these will not blend with any aqueous components.

The things in cleaning compounds which are bad for engines would be amines like ethanolamine.

The mixed diesel should be fine.

5.0fox

Dimethyl benzene is similar to toluene which is a high octane index gasoline component (methyl benzene). Naptha is a low octane index gasoline component. The rest are probably a medium petroleum distillate as these will not blend with any aqueous components.

The things in cleaning compounds which are bad for engines would be amines like ethanolamine.

The mixed diesel should be fine.
Very Much Appreciated!

I'll go ahead and filter and dump it in the tank.

Thanks everyone