• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK to drive a m1009 with the gen 2 light on?

84cucv1ton

my lady has my truck. shes has about 2 hours left in here ride. belt broke. will she be ok?? im thinking she she get a place for the night, new belt in the am. thanks

justinwregier

Its hard to advise on this since I would want my lady to be alright too...
Diesel doesnt need the electrical for combustion once the engine is started so if the truck stops it may stay stopped. If you keep driving the rest of the electrical is the issue and will the headlights continue to function?
Again man I want to be able to be specific but I havent had this particular issue. If the place to stop is safer than the drive it may be better to play it safe and wait on repair.

Crash_AF

Electrically she'll be fine... just make sure she checks to make sure the pieces of belt aren't wrapped up around something and flailing around.

As others have said, Gen1 is the one that powers the lights and injection pump so it'll run as long as that Alt is working.

Later,
Joe