• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK What to try next!

cbturf

OK, I am out of ideas and I need advice from the "experts." About two weeks ago I replaced the glow plugs and relay on my 08 and it starts great when it is cold. Problem is it only runs for about 30 seconds and then it dies. Then I have to crank and crank until it retires and then it runs fine after it finally starts. I have tried recycling the glow plugs and nothing seems to help. The truck is solid and strong just this one issue. I have bought a Kat's 2000W heater to keep it warm at night. I have it parked with my business trailer so the 2000W heater will not be running up my electric bill! What do you guys think, have you had a similar problem and if so how did you fix it? One thing I have noticed is it has developed a small fuel leak so I will be changing all of the fuel lines in the next few days. That doesn't seem to bother it on the initial start up.

truck1

I had a similar problem. It was a wear through pinhole in one of the hard fuel lines by the transfer case crossmember. Spliced out the bad section with rubber line. Problem gone. Hope this helps. Air in the system is your enemy.

original

A small fuel leak may cause major problems. You can have a fuel line leak and not even have any fuel leak out. Instead the air leaks into the lines and causes an unstable running condition. Just change those fuel lines and come back. Replace all rubber lines and blow air through the metal ones. Good luck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd try posting with a thread title that actually describes your thread topic.

If you already had a thread going, I'd continue it.

Last edited: