• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OKC Memorial Day - Resthaven Memory Gardens

mikew

I've been contacted by Resthaven Memory Gardens, in Moore OK, requesting that local MV owners (and their trucks) attend a ceremony to be held about 10:00 AM on Memorial Day at the cemetery.

We have attended several internments for KIA soldiers at Resthaven and they have been very supportive and appreciative of us.

I intend to attend, it should be less than an hour and.... Lady Liberty, a lovely WWII A26 Invader, will be making flybys (and I hope she brings some friends too). http://www.a26ladyliberty.com

Exact times and a plan will be posted as we get closer to Memorial Day.

Who wants to join me?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in. No plans for that day. Unless my Activities Director overrides.:mrgreen:

mikew

Spoke with James Beasley from Resthaven, our itinerary on location will be:

9:00 Arrival
10:00 Start of Ceremony
10:30 Air Show!
Mission complete after the air show, we can stay around for a bit if we'd like or move on at that time.

mikew

I spoke with resthaven today and all is still a go for Memorial Day.

In order to figure out a good rendezvous point, give me a heads up as to where you're coming from.

We'll be a mile or so north of the tornado damage area in Moore. Maybe we could transport some relief supplies in conjunction with our trip to resthaven.

mikew

Let's meet at the Edmond Walmart on I-35 and 15th and be ready to pull out at 8:30 with an intended arrival time of 9:00.

Anyone who want's to meet us at Resthaven, their address is: 500 Southwest 104th (between Western and Walker, 104th is Moore's NW27th).

Due to tornado damage, I've been told to avoid I-35 and come down Western off of I-240.​

M1075

10-4. Tackett is working and can't make it. If Warthog wants, we can ease him into the rocking chair around 10th street

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks