• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OKC Recovery

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to start out by giving a BIG thanks to Steve Jackson - GL Site manager at Tinker. He has always been a great help and returns my phone calls everytime...THANKS

Well after a 4 month wait the EUCs are cleared and I received notification of payment on 2 trucks and 2 trailers.

The 7 miles to Tinker AFB base was a killer. It seemed like it took all day. I was tired and had to take a lunch break.....lol

Arrived at the base at 13:00. By the time I got checked in with DRMO and then GL it was 13:30 by the time I got to the trucks. GL told me I had to be gone by 15:00.....ouch.

Decided to work on the "running" truck w/w. Checked all the fluids, hooked up the jumper cables (2 6TLs in the back of the 'burb). Checked for Hydrolock. Cranked and she came to life.....woooooohooooooo.

No major leaks and a 3/4 tank of fuel....... What a way to start......

On to truck #2. The description said "won't start"....yikes... only an hour to go.

Checked fluids. Hooked up jumpers. Check for Hydrolock...crossed fingers....
Nothing.......... I have my brother hit it with a little ether...it tries to fire.

A little more ether. It tries again. Brother notices something dripping from the engine. . After checking, the bleeder valve of top of the fuel filters is missing. How did I not catch that. I happened to have a plug in the truck that would work.

A little more ether and off she goes, along with my brother and 'burb getting a shower of nasty water that was in the exhaust pipe. woooooohoooooo.

Oil preasure, water temp, battery charge, everything in the green.

Now only 30 minutes to hookup the trailers. With the help of the GL guys we pulled out of the yard at 15:03.

It was an uneventful drive back to yard at work.

OH I forgot my camera this morning, but I knew nopics and you would beat me with a wet noodle so I bought a disposable one on the way.

Hope you enjoy......The other trucks should be picked up next week.

WartHog

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
kcimb said:
How much was it total to get the deuce from there to home (including cost of deuce)
Well let see....
Fuel
14 mile in 'burb @15mpg, $3.49/gal X 2 trips= $6.52
7 mile trip in Duece @ 10mpg, $3.89/ga X 2 trucks = $5.45
Total $11.97
(now the dueces had fuel in them so really it was free...LOL)

Food
2 Big Mac combos @ $4.69+tax = $10.24

Trucks
1 1987 M35A2C = ~$2100
1 1960's M35A2 w/w = ~$2300

Grand Total = ~$4422.00

The extra cost for Food and Fuel just about broke the bank :mrgreen:

WildSide

Warthog said:
kcimb said:
How much was it total to get the deuce from there to home (including cost of deuce)
Well let see....
Fuel
Total $11.97

Food

Trucks
1 1987 M35A2C = ~$2100

Grand Total = ~$4422.00

To Quote kcimb's avitar....
LUCKYYYYY!!!!

kcimb

Warthog said:
kcimb said:
Well let see....
Fuel
Total $11.97

Food

Trucks
1 1987 M35A2C = ~$2100

Grand Total = ~$4422.00

I live just a few hours from Ft Sill...If I ever get a truck from up there, think you could give me a hand?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live just a few hours from Ft Sill...If I ever get a truck from up there, think you could give me a hand?

Just found your post. If you need help with a recovery at Tinker I would be more than happy to give you a hand. I am picking up a trailer for another member this week.

Warthog

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks