• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OKC to anywhere in FLA 4x 395/85r20 boxed and ready

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 sets (4 tires and wheels total), Boxed and ready (supposedly). OKC Auction services quote was ridiculous. Can pickup anywhere in Florida, just not trying to make the hike 2600+ miles round trip. If you happen to make it to/through central florida, so much the better.

73846257_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

DanM7890

They're not good rates, sorry but I've used them because I didn't know anyone else and I will never buy out of that area again.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used them.

I've also competed with them, when I'm there anyway. I'm not a real commercial carrier, so I don't have his overhead. Unfortunately I don't get to MS or FL.

Jason (okc auction services) had the best rates I could find out of 5 or 6 quotes. I've used him on more than one occasion.

As a rule, I get shipping quotes prior to bidding.

My guess is $600ish to MS or FL. If you're no getting numbers somewhere near this, I'm willing to run it through my freigjt account and see what they say...

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thing is, fastenal isn't going to go to GL's OKC warehouse and pick up. Neither will many freight carriers.

OKC requires an online appointment to be made, usually weeks in advance, and without it (and sometimes even with it! - take a screenshot!!!) They will simply turn you away. Then they declare your lot to be abandoned, and relist it and keep your money...

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thing is, fastenal isn't going to go to GL's OKC warehouse and pick up. Neither will many freight carriers.

OKC requires an online appointment to be made, usually weeks in advance, and without it (and sometimes even with it! - take a screenshot!!!) They will simply turn you away. Then they declare your lot to be abandoned, and relist it and keep your money...
Yeah, OKC wanted over $700. I was a little disappointed. I've ordered tractor attachments from all around the country and had freight for less than $150 for the same weight and size. It seems the difficulty is pickup.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okc auctions was willing to recover and load on the carrier of my choice. Sent them the labels and all.

Recovery / load rates seemed reasonable.

But yeah, their freight rates, or more accurately the carrier was not the cheapest.

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okc auctions was willing to recover and load on the carrier of my choice. Sent them the labels and all.

Recovery / load rates seemed reasonable.

But yeah, their freight rates, or more accurately the carrier was not the cheapest.
And that was actually shipping to an Estes depot in Tampa... :-(

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

I know Fastenal goes to Groveport. I figured it would be the same at Okc.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fastenal in OKC will not pickup. You have to take it to them.

There is a value in having someone schedule the appointment, make the pickup and then deliver it to the shipping facility or have a truck come to them.

Now if you are buying from a vendor they usually already have the item and arrangements for shipping thus the cost is less.

Last edited:

roalcoal

Does okc work the same as groveport ? Buyer lines up the freight company and schedule with gl and freight company can go pick them up when its appointment time?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And that was actually shipping to an Estes depot in Tampa... :-(
Same carrier. I had the crew at work get me a quote I paid for with yrc. Was a better rate.

In the end, I'd use okc auction services to handle the logistics, but I'd also shop the freight rates. But I'd certainly use them again.

A Man

I have 4 i have to get back to mississippi
I may be able to go to OKC to pick up these and deliver them from AR. I will be travelling south on I-55 Monday 03 May or Tuesday 04 May and returning north Wednesday 18 May, pending finalized scheduling and meeting locations. Do you have the dimensions and weights?

A Man

2 sets (4 tires and wheels total), Boxed and ready (supposedly). OKC Auction services quote was ridiculous. Can pickup anywhere in Florida, just not trying to make the hike 2600+ miles round trip. If you happen to make it to/through central florida, so much the better.

View attachment 619063
Twisted Oaks I may be able to go to OKC to pick up these and the ones for Rollcoal and deliver them from AR. I will be travelling south on I-55 Monday 03 May or Tuesday 04 May and returning north Wednesday 18 May, pending finalized scheduling and meeting locations. Do you have the dimensions and weights?

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Twisted Oaks I may be able to go to OKC to pick up these and the ones for Rollcoal and deliver them from AR. I will be travelling south on I-55 Monday 03 May or Tuesday 04 May and returning north Wednesday 18 May, pending finalized scheduling and meeting locations. Do you have the dimensions and weights?
Even getting them closer to South MS would help.

Approximate Lot Weight:1520
Weight UOM:LB
Shipping QTY:2 PL
Approximate Dim. or Lot Cube:50.00" x 50.00" x 69.00"(L x W x H)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks