• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oklahoma SS Workday / Chow Run

M813A1

The OKC Convoy Chapter of Steel Soldiers orders your presents at the 1st Annual Fall Oklahoma MV Motorpool
Workday / Chowrun. Has Been Scheduled for OCT. 3rd !!!

We we will rendezvous at Streetbike Depot in Tuttle, OK for a Show, Shine and
General Maintenance day. It would be a Good time to put some ideas out about a Holiday Convoy ??
Also we can get some Game watching time too!!

Later in the day we will Convoy via State Highway 92 to Amber, OK, for chow
at Ken's Mess Hall (Ken's Steakhouse).

The Motorpool opens at 10:00 hrs and the Chow run will be 16:30 hrs. Early arrivals are welcome.

Bring you own supplies !! I am Looking forward to seeing everyone !! If you plan on showing add your name to the bottom of the, Confirmation List :!! Guys lets get a big turnout, it would nice to see everyone !!!

Everyone is Welcomed to join in the Fun !!!

Confirmation List :

StreetBikeDepot
M813A1
Warthog
Kaiser M35A2
Happyland1410
MikeW
MajesticSyntax
wsmIVokc

Last edited:

1qwkgoat

Hopefully I'll have my deuce road ready by then, still waiting on my EUC to clear:-x Even ifI don't I'll probably come by to see the "show" part and to lend a helping hand on the shine and maintence part.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully I'll have my deuce road ready by then, still waiting on my EUC to clear:-x Even ifI don't I'll probably come by to see the "show" part and to lend a helping hand on the shine and maintence part.
Hey Goat, Glad to hear you can make it. Looking forward to helping with your new toy.

Count me in on the Chow run......

1qwkgoat

Its a W/W hardtop, heater, with a cargo cover. From the pics it looks to be in good shape. Tigersfan recently recovered a deuce from there and said the overall condition of the trucks is good. Trying to deicide whether to have it hauled or drive it the 560 miles back. It's at camp dodge, got it for 1,600

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
We had one here in MD and the topic/demo was air assist steering. A unit was installed for all to leard how it was done. There was also a demonstration on spearing a radiator with a forklift, under the topic of what not to do. Great event for all.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had one here in MD and the topic/demo was air assist steering. A unit was installed for all to leard how it was done. There was also a demonstration on spearing a radiator with a forklift, under the topic of what not to do. Great event for all.

Our topic is whether to order ribs, steak or both for chow. Tough decisions......:wink:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to attend, but c'mon guys, it is football season you know!
Lets see:

Sooner are playing Tulsa on the 19th at Norman, off on the 26th, TV on FSN.

Cowboys are playing Rice on the 19th and Grambling on the 26th, both at Stillwater, radio only

No one else matters so whats the problem????????? :p

M813A1

Well guys it is getting close for the fall Workday !!! Oct 3rd has been set for the Fall Workday !!! I am hoping we can get as many as possible to the Workday ?? Hopefully Tackettr can join us and bring the award we won from the Edmond 4th of July Parade !! I also have the Thank You certificates from the Del City May 9th Armed forces Day Parade to bring too !! I am hope we can get to meet many more guys and get our group together and meet some new people and see the regular guys as well !! This would also be a good time to think about ideas for planning a Holiday Convoy ?? Hope to see you guys !!

Last edited:

M813A1

Hey Guys !! Saturday October 3rd will be the weekend for the Fall Workday / Chowrun ?? Things will start at around 10:00am shinning and showing the trucks and We will head out for Chow around 4:00 pm !! I am looking forward to getting with everyone and having a Good Day and Good Food !! I think it would also be a good time to think about the Holiday Convoy ?? Your thoughts are welcomed ?? Take Care !!

D May " M813A1 "

Last edited:

Tackettr

I wish I could make it, I have an Air-O-Matic just begging to get put on!:cry: I just haven’t had any free time. I have Guard Drill that weekend. Also had B-day parties to attend on the previous dates. You guys have fun and I'll catch the next one! :-D

PS: I can pass the Edmond Parade Award off to someone that will be attending if needed. I keep it at work for now.

Last edited:

mikew

I've not been to Ken's in awhile and it's making me hungry just thinking about it!

I can't do the 19th, but the 26th would be great!

Mike Waldron

StreetbikeDepot

Oct 3rd is good for me, so lets plan on it. Hey Dave if you could start a confirmation list on the first post that would be great! I'd also like to have an idea on what we'll be working on so i can have the shop setup and ready.

The weekend of the 3rd is the last weekend before the trip to the Jeep rally that me and Hoopsoft are attending in Arkansas, so I may be working on either of the Jeeps or Jeffs new Duece trailer. We made a semi last minute decision to take the Jeeps to the Rally with a Duece, so we're going to start this weekend on a duece trailer built from a frame and a dropside bed (much like Gerald had done).

Last edited:

M813A1

Ok guys !! I am getting the starter fixed so I can be at the Workday Oct 3rd !! Bring it on Tackettr we can still get your air steering on !!! We can also assit StreebikeDepot and Hoopsoft on building their trailer !! I know I have a new cab soft top to put onto my truck !!Well see everybody soon !!!

M813A1

Happyland1410

Is it OK to show up even though I don't have any green iron of my own yet? It sounds like fun. :mrgreen: I would be happy to lend a hand to anyone who does have something green to work on.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it OK to show up even though I don't have any green iron of my own yet? It sounds like fun. :mrgreen: I would be happy to lend a hand to anyone who does have something green to work on.

You don't own any Green Iron yet, but you play with them at work. That counts......

I'm sure we can find something for you to work on.... I have a tranny and transfer case that need to be switched out. That should keep you busy for awhile.

Come on down!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks