• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old but not dead just yet~

balsa

Hi Kids, just introducing myself as balsa, and this is my girlfriend, her name is Edith. Unfortunately these are the only images I have of Edith since the others were on the hard drive of the old computer, but take my word for it that Edith is her name. I found it under the 5 layers of camo on the passenger door. Edith was born on June 26th, 1941 so she's a little older than myself, but only slightly so, anyways when I first saw her she was living a solitary life as yard art. Evidently after doing whatever military service she did do she went on to work in what appears to be a rock quarry, possibly a backstop for little league team.
So ya know, I just had to do something about that situation and so I took her in about ten years ago.

So here she was the day I got her. Dodge WC-12

Picture 010.jpg

Here she is about a year later. Not a lot has changed. I added some combat rims is about all, and I have to put a new gas tank on her and build another battery box, but right now I'm scouting for tires.

primitive_machines_by_balsaboy-d4rp5s6.jpg

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice truck and a great job beginning that restoration.

Where in the Seattle area are you? I'm out in Kenmore.

Good Luck with your project!

balsa

Thanks for the replies. I have a ways to go on her, more than I care to think really, if only I had another 40 years...LOL~

Last edited: