• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old Cummins engine

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had this engine sitting in my shed for years. The shed blew down so I've been thinking about robbing some parts and sending it to the scrap yard.

I've had another member show interest in the turbo to go on a NH250. The data plate is missing so I have no idea what size it is or anything. I think it came out of an old Autocar.

Can anybody ID this thing or know if the turbo system will work on a NH250?

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an old old NHC230 with a smoke kit on it. Are there piston cooling nozzles in it? Can't in the pics. There should be a s/n stamped in the block on the flat spot above the air comp mount.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Will. I was hoping you would chime in.

I'm pretty sure there are no piston coolers but I'll look again. I'll look for a S/N also.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody know if the turbo system will fit a 250 Cummins in a 5-ton? Hooty wants it but I don't want to sell it to him if it won't work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks