• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old Fat Guys needing more room

wmmscott

I know that most of you fit well in your military vehicles. I am not one of the lucky ones. Too big. On both my WC-62 and my M35A3, I took out the steering column and took a piece out of the center, and then put them back together. Make sure you don't take off so much that your knuckles hit the windshield, as in the WC, and I did leave enough room for the CTIS unit on the M35A3.

Also another tip for the older guys on big trucks. With knee problems, I have trouble climbing up into the cab. I mounted a cable step under the drivers running board, and then in the jerry can holder, I took an old 5 gallon jerry can that had rusted out, and cut it in half. I paintged it and strapped in the top half, and I use it for another step. I get lots of stares, and people saying that they've never seen a can that size, but hey! It works for me.