• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old guy in KY

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just looking for information on military vehicles, especially the ones I drove during my 20 years.
Welcome to the Outfit!

We've got pictures of things being fixed and new guys who recently got themselves a "new" piece of green hardware. All sorted somewhat by time. And there are TM's you could rummage for pictures - so you can search for trucks by their "M Number"

Again, Welcome to the group.
Thanks for your twenty year investment in our country too.
We appreciate your service.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hours are sporadic that it’s hard to predict when it will be open. They did recently hire a new curator so we are hoping for better days.
come on up and visit, we have bourbon!
40 yrs ago my cousin was the curator and as a kid we would go visit on holidays and we would just roam thru everything and he was the person that made and created all the manakins and the individual sceens on both floors to such fine detail reinactments! His name is Nicky Hughes but i havnt talked to him in years and years someone told me hes the town historian now ! I might have to ride up one day . P.S. YES YOU DO HAVE BOURBON !!!!!! One of my favorites Woodford Reservelarge_compare__product-4530221-3dd89f65-b47e-40da-96cd-dc32ededbf9a.png

Last edited:

Goofy1

40 yrs ago my cousin was the curator and as a kid we would go visit on holidays and we would just roam thru everything and he was the person that made and created all the manakins and the individual sceens on both floors to such fine detail reinactments! His name is Nicky Hughes but i havnt talked to him in years and years someone told me hes the town historian now ! I might have to ride up one day . P.S. YES YO DO HAVE BOURBON !!!!!! One of my favorites Woodford Reserve
Nicky is LEGEND here for many reasons. He has retired and moved back to Franklin Ky down near Nashville. We remember him as Mustang Man, the leader of the Coronet band, and a walking history book. He was always great fun to be around.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nicky is LEGEND here for many reasons. He has retired and moved back to Franklin Ky down near Nashville. We remember him as Mustang Man, the leader of the Coronet band, and a walking history book. He was always great fun to be around.
Small world ! I will have to look him up since hes so much closer now thanks for the info !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks