• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old Threads

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finished reading all the old threads.

Now I skipped the ones about lift kits, engine swaps, turbos, 12v conversions, and exhaust stacks and snorkels because I could care less about those.

WOW!
Now I totally understand why the mods and others always say search first !

When the question of GP's or relays etc has been asked dozens and dozens of times for the "exact" same issue I get their frustration now.

There are are tons of threads that have really great info in them!!
Some things I haven't even thought about yet were covered extremely well.

A lot of old pics and great humor as well.

Its a a long read, but very well worth it.

I think it's required reading, just like the TM's

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for sharing your thoughts here!

Thank you for educating yourself!

You have (well)earned my respect, as well.

joshuak

Now I skipped the ones about lift kits, engine swaps, turbos, 12v conversions, and exhaust stacks and snorkels because I could care less about those.

WOW!

When the question of GP's or relays etc has been asked dozens and dozens of times for the "exact" same issue I get their frustration now.

I completely agree, can't say I've read them all though, good work! [thumbzup]

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

WOW!

Indeed there is a wealth of knowledge here. But the problem is often times people only say "Read the TM" or "Search" without providing anything more than that.

And yes I can completely understand the frustration of explaining the same issue over and over. But I don't have to answer every single thread. It might even offer up the chance of someone like yourself to pipe up for the next new person that comes along.

Anyhow, glad you've found some useful information!

latvius

I haven't read all the old threads but I have used the search a heck of a lot. I have fixed the charging system, rebuilt the alternator, done the Doghead relay mod, fuel filter mod, electric fuel pump mod, troubleshot and fixed the glow plug system, fuel system and probably a lot more I can't think of right now and I do not believe I have had to pose a question yet. So thanks to all the people who answered all the questions cause I am reaping in the rewards. I just hope the site stays up forever otherwise I won't know where to find answers anymore.
:tank:

Plane Fast

There is so much good info here!

Oh by the way.. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these plugs? Looks like I'm missing one.image.jpg

Im joking.....I'm joking.!!!!!!rofllittle 900 series joke

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't read all the old threads but I have used the search a heck of a lot. I have fixed the charging system, rebuilt the alternator, done the Doghead relay mod, fuel filter mod, electric fuel pump mod, troubleshot and fixed the glow plug system, fuel system and probably a lot more I can't think of right now and I do not believe I have had to pose a question yet. So thanks to all the people who answered all the questions cause I am reaping in the rewards. I just hope the site stays up forever otherwise I won't know where to find answers anymore.
:tank:
Thank you for your story and contribution to this forum. Yours is a success story.

Rick

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It took about two weeks of casual reading

I too have used this site to research solutions on issues that came up with my CUCV and my 5 tons.
There are members here that have a huge amount of knowledge about these.

Saved tons of time and $$ because someone else has had the same or almost same issue and it's already been
discussed and solved.
Or a part that will or will not work, part numbers, etc

Some really great pics. Most I've never seen before

Best humor thread (to me anyway) was about other drivers reaction to your MV.
Some really funny stories. Almost spit milk on that thread.....!

I still am learning everyday about these special trucks.
It would be difficult to understand these without this site.

I will for sure ask when I need help but so far the TM's and old threads usually answer it for me.