• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old vs new 20k PTO winch

MAZ537

I found one 5ton winch that its shaft end (from the pinion side) stick out of the housing and is also splined ???
Never seen that before...Any ideas about its use ?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That winch when put together is made for a cable pull cats head, to use have the winch drum declutched, engage the winch power, the cats head will turn, it is LIVE any time the winch is used. the winch is used on line trucks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The front winch on my wrecker has that, but it doesn't stick through the frame rails. Not sure how they are useable.

F18hornetM

Looks like something we use on line trucks for capstans or take up reels. Ive not seen on military trucks, but all our line trucks and line buckets have them. Ours has a shaft that extends out to the end of the bumper. If thats what it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks