• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old wrecking yard?

neverfinished

I just got a glimpse of a field full of rusty sheet metal in eastern WA last sunday, but didn't have time to turn around and check it out. I found it on Google Earth, but can't figure out how to link to the spot. If you start at Toppenish,WA and go south on Hwy. 97 a short distance you'll see Jensen RD tee-ing in from the west and the yard is visible right at that intersection. You can see many old trucks and it's close to the Yakima base, so who knows what might be hiding there. Hopefully a member in the area can investigate and let us all know more-with pics, of course:p

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find. If you use the car in the upper middle for comparison a lot of that stuff looks smaller than a car. Might be nice to find out what the stuff is.

Danger Ranger

That looks like an awesome place. There appears to be a lot of old cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. That car does look huge, but there is no mistaking some of the vehicles in the lot.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

SWBradley is right, compared to the cars, most of those things whatever they are on that lot, most look similar in size to the cars and trucks,
or smaller.
Maybe it is a yard full of farm equipment, go-karts, etc... Who knows...
About the biggest vehicle I see there is what looks like a flat bed truck, with a red cab, and some sort of shed in the lower left section.

But if you zoom in enough, it will take you to the street level view, as if you were standing there on the street.
From that I can stand on the road, looking at the yard, and thanks to a break in the bushes that surround the property,
I can see into the yard, and it looks like the place is full of really old car bodies that look like gangster cars from
the Al Capone days, all so rusted they have all turned brown.

Just my $0.02 cents..

neilstruck

I have driven by this place when i was truckin.I stopped for minute i was in freightliner Century got pretty good look from my cab alot of 1900s 20s 30s 40s model T model A fords , model A club guys of eastern wa know more about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks