• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

older deuce

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1st Wrong forum, this ones for the GMC M135 series. (maybe a mod can move it)
2nd Personally I think a 52 Stud with an OA331 should be worth more than an A2 with multifuel. The A2's practically grow on trees! The ole gassers are getting rare.

Times are tough all over, so you may have to sell cheap to sell quickly.

WOLFMAN1

i understand the wrong forum but it reads korean and nam mvs mine is a 52 which is in the coldwar and nam era. hippiedude if you have an offer of maybe another vehicle. i'm looking for a multifuel or blazer cucv. i really want is a newer model deuce. i've done alot of work on mine to make it drivable. still needs some tlc and improvments. have an idea hit me up

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it origional?, gasser fenders, side panels, grill etc? Rusty? any options?

WOLFMAN1

the only thing not original is the exhaust, you can disassemble the pipes and run it back under the truck. it has the original tires on it from 1954, goodyear silvertown and i changed the shifter it has a ww2 pinapple grenade. the rest of it is there, rust not much of a problem but needs repainted and rust proofing put back on it. needs alot of tlc but it does run and drive. i wnt to get best offer for it or trade it for a multifuel in better condition. when i got it the brakes barely worked, the wipers never shut off, and the carb needed a gasket. i built a hidden brake fluid resivor under the seat running to the master cylinder. don't know much more about it. only had it five to six months. i don't want to scrap it but can't afford to restore it to the way it deserves. it still has the reo oa331 engine in it. needs air filter and hose to run to cab. throw me an offer at my pm and let me know. thanks people say gassers are rarer and hard to find sometimes. i like it but dont have the required tools to take it far from the house with out backup. if you need more pics check out my profile. thankyou

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to have it but my multi has ALOT of options so a trade wouldn't work. If you part it out PM me, I have quite a list of would like stuff.:beer:

WOLFMAN1

inside or out? the inside was painted by an idiot and needs redone. the outside needs repainted also. the rusproofing is coming off. if there is any it is not much. there are no big rust spots or through and through spots. in really good shape for being so old. like i said needs tlc.

WOLFMAN1

if you want to buy it i could hopefully find someone on here that could do transport for me depends on how much they ask for. if you paid 3500 i could at least use some of it to pay the puller depends on the offers. any ideas

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you will have a very hard time getting over 2K for a gasser. They are rare but are cheaper. For some reason multi's go for alot more. I would consider a swap but every optional thing I have on mine would have to come off and swap to yours, from the air assist to the gun mounts. The only time I can think of it working would be X-mas. PM if interested.:beer:

WOLFMAN1

i am seeing what bulldawg mack is up to. if you swaped out your options will it still be drivable when your done or would i need to put it back together. more info is requested, please. thankyou

Gunfreak25

This is most certainly the correct forum for your truck, and best of luck selling it! I'd love to own an M35 series with the original comet engine, if I hadn't had spent $2000 on my 54 GMC and lived a little closer I'd make you an offer.

WOLFMAN1

i am willing to sell it for 3000 if someone was willing to come get it since they would have to pay to tow it. i know how transport cost are like. if you were coming from right next door on my street i would not drop it but for those who live like another state or good distance from me i would sell it for 3000. so everyone think about it. like i said don't want to scrap it but need the money cause of finacial crisis. thankyou

WOLFMAN1

thats why i dont want to scrap it. some people dont want it thats fine but there are people out there that want to add rare running mvs to their collection. if there was only one of these trucks in the world someone will pay what someone ask or work out a deal. you don't take rare pieces of history and crush them. if i could have afforded to restore it i would and be happy about it. but i'm not rich and i traded my offroad jeep worth 6000 not counting all the added kits and extras on it for this truck. the guy i got this truck from drove it from colorado to trade with me even when he broke down and i had to get it back running he brought it to me. i traded with him even if the gasser is not worth much in some peoples eyes. he said he was going to scrap it if he had to take it all the way back home. online he said it was a multifuel and when i saw it i knew it was a gasser. but i didn't want to see an antique get destroyed after everything it has been through. call me gullable or stupid but i don't care i wanted a deuce and it was the wrong one but id rather find someone who will enjoy it more than me who can fix it than see it destroyed. you don't destroy history for an extra buck. i know blah, blah , blah, but it is true. i respect those who have served even if it has hooves, paws, feet, and wheels.

WOLFMAN1

had to drop the price on my truck again. i've got to get it sold or exchanged for something smaller. hopefully a decent cucv blazer. i have to move soon and have no where to put it. i am not going to leave it at my mother in laws too many thieves live in the woods down the road. dropped to 2500 for anyone interested cause i cant keep it much longer. cant believe that a running a drivable deuce and half is lot harder to sell just because it runs on gas. heck it should be easier to fix than multi. someone throw me an offer i might break my leg just to sell it.

Gunfreak25

Can I make a few suggestions? Are you in need of the full asking price all at once or would you accept payments? If you could find someone that's within a state of you that's intersted but can't come up with the full asking price, let him know you will take incremental payments. While it will take longer, you'll still be getting what your asking for it rather than putting a rock bottom price on it. Also, if storage is an issue why don't you find a fellow SS in your are who'd be willing to keep the big green girl on their land until it sells? Lots of SS members willing to help other members here, I would be willing to help but I live to darn far away!

BTW, that's how I bought my 211. Made 4 payments on it until it was paid off. Was nice of the seller to allow me to do that, as not everybody likes to.

WOLFMAN1

have to have full price at once. dont want to burden others with storing it. i hope someday to get something smaller. my disability keeps me from driving big trucks. and i am moving to a new place soon and cant have it there. i cant afford to come check on it time after time again. just need to sell it and have it driven or hauled away. its driveable but without tags or insurance. i'm not about to risk taking road trips and me kill or injure someone that would make me not be able to live with myself. thanks for the idea hope it sells soon. thats why i dropped it to 2500 for someone who wants it. thankyou for the suggestion

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks