• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

On a military generator

forst01

I purchased a military generator, it has bolted on to the front a hooded box with a grill on the sides, it has inside 3 tube, it says on the outside line 1,2,3 and very hot. Pl see attached pics. Does anyone know what this is

Attachments

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the forums!

It looks like there are NSNs and other part numbers on some of the paper labels, but the picture isn't focused enough or high resolution enough for my old eyes to read them. Try typing each of the numbers into Google or another search engine. You should find clues.

I agree with the others. The tubes are resistive elements and they are meant to handle heat. The twist lock cord makes me think someone used it for portable testing and they may have mounted it there as a test set where the generator provided power while they worked on the suspect generator. That's just a guess.

Evvy-

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks