• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

On board air Greenhorn.

HOWEY

Been collecting the various items to get me going on a first time on board air system over the last few months.
I used a Viair 400c which has 33% duty cycle and a respectable 2.54 cfm,
a 5 gallon air reciever i liberated from an old army truck and a 6 port manifold and various fittings from my local truck parts store...........
Why? cos i wanted a way to air and repair tyres, run some air tools and power a set of air horns that came of a cincinnati fire truck :p (real reason if im honest)rofl
Fired it all up and no leaks, have a quick connect in engine bay for blow gun and such, another at brushgaurd with a regulator for air wrench, impact and so on.
It works great on most air tools except those that are really air hungry, like orbital sanders and drills, i might upgrade to another compressor at a later stage and run the two together.
Overall this was a fun project and im well pleased....... oh and yeah those air horns will stop your heart dead!!:p

Attachments

MarcusOReallyus

I love it!

Especially the air horns. :mrgreen:

I know what you mean about stopping your heart. I once installed a phone for a contractor in his work pickup. He had the horns off a train squeezed in under the hood. His setup didn't provide the full pressure they were made for, but they would still get your attention. :grd:

Wildmax

Man, I really like your 09, would like to see more photos if you could. Super clean and well thought out! Like to use some of your mods on my 09. Thanks:p:grd: