• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

On the hunt for a gas turbine!

pr0l1f1c

@patracy I have seen only two turbines on fleabay, a Solar T-62T-32 / T62T32 gas turbine engine with a buy it now price of $ 10,500 and a Gas Turbine Engine GTP 70 APU Jet Aircraft Auxiliary Power Unit Generator 160HP with a buy it now price of $ 7,000
Other wise only the 404B in Australia for 13K
Not sure which one you were looking at, all three are buy it now

I am waiting for the day someone is going to post a thread, my MEP 208A doesn’t start / crank……
View attachment 881219
I think they were talking about this one (maybe I bought it...) being the one patracy was talking about on ebay

as far as the GPT 70 on ebay , I was very tempted by this one as well to put into service to power a small truck (see "big red") , but its condition is unknown. I've been looking at these for while.

The guy with the solar t62 deals with turbines and classic race cars, and actually restored the Howmet TX-1 turbine race car himself, very nice guy, offered me a good deal on other turbines, but they dont output enough power for how much they cost , and for something that isn't going directly into its rated use I wanted something small to test things with so this ground power unit works just fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks