• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

On the Road to Recovery! Again!!!

Darwin T

In just a few day I will be on the road to recovery #5. I will be picking up Captain Maximum "MAX" Stormwater. The Stormwater Family will be together for New Years.

M52a2 1.jpgM52a2 2.jpgM52a2 3.jpgM52a2 4.jpgM52a2 5.jpg

txmytx_catahoula

Going great, moved out to Port Acres in Sept., 66th St, across from Daley's fish & hunt. If you need room to park anything, let me know. Lots more room than Griffing Park & not as many restrictions!

Darwin T

Ok. I got out of the Army as a Sergeant (E-5). I bought my first truck (M109a3) one month after hurrican Ike hit us. I had to evacuate in a ford ranger. So the first one was to get out of town. My second one is to get back into town to go to work, without having to unload my M109a3. So she is named after Tropical Storm Allison that flooded my car at the Houston airport many years back. So the Stormwater Names. Third on was not as pretty so when i have to Lift and Tote i use him. My M1028 with mainance bed was bought because the city od port arthur made a city ordanance that we cannot park anything but and RV longer that 18" on our property, even in a garage. So the name General Lee Euro Farquaad. The M52a2 is more like a field comander for the rank and i have a fording lit for it in my livingroom/partsroom that will allow it to go through the maxmium amount of water. (i also have a fording kit for my M109a3).

All of my trailers are named after minions from the Dispicable Me Movie that my daughter both loved. three of which have the CBC shelter covers so the Nick Names are turtle nicknames. Crush from Finding Nemo (Dude). The others different Sea Turtles.

M105a3 Kevin 2.jpg Crush.jpg

Did I mentition I think I have Adult ADHD (Adult Attention Deficiate Hyperactive Disorder)???????

Last edited:

Darwin T

Got Max home from Nebraska on the 29th with no problems. I have not calculated the miles yet but it was between 950 and 1000 i think.
Here is 4 of my 5 trucks in one spot. Max the new one in the middle.

GL Max Ike CLT 4.jpgMax Ike CLT 1.jpgGL Max Ike CLT 2.jpg

Darwin T

Well it has the box seat bolted to the floor and does not have a spring seat (yet), however, with no trailer is was like riding in the rodeo. When i drove my first M35a2 home (Allison) she did not have one either. Driving her from Brunswick, GA to PA was like sitting on a jack hammer (spine crusher). With the bed the truck just went up and then down really hard. Now with driving Max bob tail with no weight on the back it was a different ride. When the back would bounce up I would go forward like he was trying to through me like a bronco (whiplash). Smiling from ear to ear the whole trip and still smiling 5 days later.

Darwin T

Well I have finally got to take some pictures of Max and my M127A2C. It has been late in the evening, over cast or raining everytime i tried to get some pictures. No name yet for the trailer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks